Official trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is released! [video]

The official trailer for director Jonathon Liebesman and producer Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has made its way to the web! Let's put aside all preconceived notions and rumors and take the trailer for the footage that we see. It looks pretty good. Sure there are differences but you would be a fool to think this would be a carbon copy of the classic 80's cartoon or the comics. There isn't enough shown just yet for me to say whether this film will be amazing or horrible. Right now it's standing on the fence with a possibility for both. However, I do like what I see and I am excited to see more. We unfortunately do not get to see the turtles really fighting in this trailer or get to see Master Splinter but I am sure those elements will be revealed in future trailers.

Plot Summary:
The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil (Megan Fox) and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick (Will Arnett) to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.
Many fans are worried about the look of the turtles and the fact that they are wearing various things on top of their shells but I think it's a fresh take on the characters and the items being worn bring out the personality of each individual turtle. I hope it plays out well on the big screen. One thing that I think looks odd is the new look of the Foot Clan but that is not a deal breaker for me. Although, an elite ninja clan carrying automatic fire arms is more than weird. Shredder on the other hand, or his armor at least, looks fantastic. I can't wait to see a full shot of it.

Besides being extremely excited for this film because the Turtles were a big part of my childhood, I was able to be an extra in this film and even found myself in this trailer at the 45 second mark! How COOL!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will hit theaters on August 8, 2014.



Source: YouTube - CBMTrailers

Comments